Do you want to prolong life of your chairs and upholstery? Of course you do. Fabric chair is very comfortable, and almost every person has favorite fabric chair where he or she spends at least an hour every day. Fabric chairs come in various sizes and they are made of different materials. There are so many tips and tricks how to clean it, but be careful.
How to do it?
Take some time and get information about your chair and furniture before you clean it. If you want to keep your fabric chair fresh and clean, follow these tips:
- First, check out the label on your chair. Most common place where you can find label is under a cushion. Some cushions can be removed and hand washed. If your chair has W tag on it, it means you can use water to clean it. X tag means you must use vacuum only. S tag is for solvent cleaner, and SW tag is for water or solvent cleaner use.
- Prepare your chair for cleaning. Use brush or dry white towel and groom your chair. Don’t use colored sponges or towels.
- For deep cleaning, use baking soda. Sprinkle your chair and vacuum it after at least twenty minutes.
- If there is a stain on your chair, use suitable cleaning solution. Always test small area of a chair.
If manufacturer allows to use water and cleaning solution, you can prepare mixture by following these steps:
- mix one cup water and 1/4 mild liquid for dish washing (don’t use hot water),
- use soft and white cotton cloth – test small area first,
- rinse and rub gently,
- leave chair to dry.
More tips and tricks
Additional tips about labels:
- Don’t EVER use water if your fabric chair has “dry cleaning only” tag.
- If there is S tag, this means you can use solvent cleaner. Don’t use solvent cleaner without gloves because it contains carbon tetra-chloride. Keep children away from any solvent cleaner.
- If you cannot find code or label on your fabric chair, be very cautious. Use vacuum with soft brush only, just in case. If you want to use any kind of solution and/or water, do a small test first.
- Always seek advice from manufacturer or seller if you are not sure how to clean your fabric chair. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Always try to keep your fabric upholstery clean and tidy. Don’t eat greasy food near your chairs and furniture. Try not to spill any kind of drinks and be very careful when you want to remove stains and dirt.